In order to be fully integrated in the global business environment, internationalisation strategies require a sophisticated purchasing management approach, with a clear and practical business view. Indeed, having a multicultural team as well as working with state of the art equipment, based on an extensive knowledge of the international supply chain processes, foreign market cultures and structures, it is a must.
At Ategi we help you to start, develop and manage the purchasing processes in the international arena so that you can continue improving the profitability and competitiveness of your company.
We have an experienced multidisciplinary team of over 35 experts located, in addition to the European Union, in strategic locations around the world: China, India, Vietnam, United States, and Mexico.
Our service is tailored to your specific needs: from market research and supplier location worldwide, to the monitoring as well as SQA of the production process.
We also offer tailor made solutions to a wide range of international purchasing projects.
We manage a big variety of products required by our customers. Among others, the following stand out for their volume:
- Moulds and dies
- Industrial components: forging, screws, stamping, boilermaking, machining, injection products, sub-assemblies, building and foundry material, etc.
- Consumer Goods and Distribution: Household, sports equipment, promotional items, etc.
Market research and supplier sourcing and identification.
1. ADVISORY SERVICES AND SUPPORT IN INTERNATIONAL PURCHASING:
- Sourcing and identifying new suppliers in China, India, Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.
- Preparing a list of target suppliers by product line.
2. RFQ: SPECIFICATIONS OF PRODUCT LINES TO BE PROSPECTED:
- Updated drawings.
- Technical specifications.
- Definition of purchase volumes.
- Target prices of the different products.
3. IDENTIFICATION AND SELECTION OF SUPPLIERS + NEGOTIATION OF THE PURCHASING TERMS:
- Initial supplier assesment: ISA.
- Negotiation of the payment terms as well as exchange rate.
- Definition and monitoring of the production process and delivery dates.
- Sample validation and definition of corrective actions to be carried out.
4. DESIGNING AND PLANNING OF SOURCING/ BUSINESS TRIPS
- Arranging and managing supplier sourcing trips and agendas.
- Our project manager will join you during the trips and visits to suppliers.
5. PURCHASE ORDER PLACEMENT
- Confirmation of the order and final purchase quantities.
- Proforma Invoice arrangement.
- Breakdown of the production process and delivery dates.
Production monitoring and quality assurance
1. DEFINITION OF QUALITY DOCUMENTS:
- Definition of key dimensions as well as quality requirements.
- Planning a short list of potential suppliers by product line.
- Meeting our quality teams so as to review all the critical points and requirements.
2. FOLLOW-UP OF DELIVERY DATES:
- Weekly update of the shipping schedule.
- Daily follow-up with suppliers on the status of the production process.
- Production process report and definition of the key milestones and bottlenecks.
3. QUALITY INSPECTION:
- SQA visits and inspections based on MIL-STD-105.
- Checking that all the quantities and documents are according to the order request.
- Performance of destructive/non-destructive quality tests + thickness measurements of coatings.
- Analysis of chemical composition and material specification:
- PMI Gun
- Quality reports with photos of the inspection processes and products.
- Previous problem review and corrective action follow up.
4. NON-CONFORMITY MANAGEMENT
- Assessment of non-conformities found.
- Definition of corrective actions to be implemented.
- Implementing corrective and useful monitoring actions during follow-up.
5. LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
- Verification and loading process checking according to the EU requirements.
- Definition of all the shipping departure and arrival dates: ETD and ETA.
- Improving the logistics efficiency and transport coordination by SEA, AIR and LAND.