La entrada en vigor el pasado 1 de agosto del Acuerdo de Libre Comercio entre la UE y Vietnam ha supuesto un hito fundamental en el fortalecimiento de las relaciones económicas bilaterales de la UE con una de las economías más dinámicas de la ASEAN.
En el artículo anterior, David Phong, Director de ATEGI Vietnam explicaba los principales beneficios de este acuerdo:
Vietnam, más oportunidades en tus compras
En este nuevo vídeo, explica cuáles son los sectores de actividad más beneficiados por este Acuerdo y el potencial de negocio que puede suponer para las empresas de ATEGI.
2) Which type of the products/ industries have most benefit:
– Textile and garment
– Shoes and leather
– Machine tool
– Consumer goods
– Finance, banking, insurance.
Seafood will increase the export to EU with the average increase of 2%/year in the period 2020-2030.
– Textile and Garment will be the most benefit with the increase of 67% until 2025 compare without EVFTA
– Shoes and leather: forecast to be increased double in 2025 and later year will be 34% increase.
– Electronics: mobile phone, electronics components: Vietnam local supporting industry for electronic still not develop, therefore, with EVFTA will increase the investment into the hi-tech industry, and the electronics industry will have more benefit after that.
– Machine tools: EU have hi-tech and quality products compare with current Asian market, EVFTA will bring the opportunity to increase the chance for hi-tech machine tool production in local Vietnam manufactures.
The advantage of reduce tax duties, Vietnam manufacture will increase the investments of hi-tech machine tools from EU.
– Heath and pharmacy products: EU have more chance to export hi-tech and hi-quality of pharmacy and heath products to Vietnam (As Vietnam have more needs of import products).
– Finance, banking, and insurance industry: EVFTA will bring more business cooperation between Vietnam and EU partners. Forecast to 2025, export services of finance, and insurance of Vietnam to EU will increase 21%, and import from EU will increase 9%.
– Logistics: Logistics industry will be increase together with the import and export products, there will be more need of quality services, scales, and capacity in order to meet the commodity circulation.
Therefore, to me EVFTA bring the business relation between Vietnam and EU enterprise tight as the weeding marriage, in order to develop together for bright future while many countries are on the protectionism like the UK and US.
The Free trade agreement does not only bring the incentive of 0% taxes for import goods but brings more capacity and quality product production for Vietnam manufacture, and for sure Vietnam will become very competive to develop sourcing and buying for many businesses in the EU.
Even more important, this free trade agreement is also including the working environment for investors that will increase the investment from the EU to Vietnam. And for sure Vietnam will become the production hub/and trading between the EU and 10 Southeast Asian countries.